How to connect your server to a domain:
Before we start you will need a domain. You can purchase a domain from Here
or registrars such as Namecheap or GoDaddy.
Visit your domain provider and locate the "Advanced DNS Zone". It may be called "DNS Zone" or "Advanced DNS", or anything similar.
Add an A record:
If your server has a Dedicated IP (has the port 25565) you can stop here.
- Set the name/subdomain to the subdomain you wish to use (e.g. play or mc), or @ if you don't want to use a subdomain
- Set the value/IP Address to your server IP (without the port)
Add an SRV Record:
Note: The following steps are NOT RECOMMENDED. It is recommended to purchase a Dedicated IP for only $2.60/month. SRV records are buggy and some registrars don't support them.
- Set the target as the sub-domain you used above, including the main domain (e.g. play.example.com or mc.example.com), or to the main domain if you don't want to use a sub-domain (e.g. example.com)
- Set the name to the sub-domain you used, for example, play or mc, or @ if you don't want to use a sub-domain.
- Set the protocol to '_tcp'
- Set the service to '_minecraft'
- Set the priority to 5
- Set the weight to 0
Example SRV Record
DNS changes can take up to 48 hours to update existing records, but new records usually show instantly